Solar Island

The REV project would like to make Rottnest Island’s electricity 100% renewable. Currently nearly 40% of the Island’s power is generated by the wind with the other 60% provided by diesel generators. The energy is generated completely on the island. We would like to see a large solar PV system installed on the island with energy storage to make the renewable energy completely green. The REV project would also like to install a number of solar powered E-bike charging/rest stations to introduce E-bike rentals on the island.

Let us know what you think!